About Me

Hi and welcome to my blog!
My name is Debbie Morris.
I am currently a Career Technology Coordinator
at our local high school. I am a Walden University
student. This blog was created as part of my
coursework for Walden University. I hope you
enjoy my blog!







Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Module 2 Blog Tetrad



Lytro Camera
The Lytro camera offers features that are fairly mind-blowing.  It expands the capabilities of cameras as we know them.  The Lytro camera allows you to focus after the fact, focus and refocus during anytime and anywhere.  The most amazing capability to me is how it allows you to adjust parts of the picture you have taken.  This capability allows you to change who or what is in the background or foreground of your picture.  It allows you to arrange parts of the picture as being blurry and the other part clear.  The Lytro offers switch modes.  With this tool, you can switch between “everyday mode,” where the refocus range is determined automatically, and “creative mode,” which gives the photographer control over the refocus range.
In using the Lytro camera, picture taking steps are the same.  You focus and simply push the button to record your image.  The Lytro camera has some drawbacks such as its cost ($399 to $499).  Additionally, the Lytro’s 1.5 inch LC D screen seems too grainy and small to really get a sense of what you’re shooting.

Video on the use of the Lytro camera:








2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. I noticed your tetrad was markedly different than mine. Yours contained much more detail while mine focused on the main point. Our assignment requested that we continue to discuss the tetrad until we had no more ideas. With this in mind, I wonder whether we should take the approach of a detailed tetrad or one that is more global ? What are your thoughts? They both certainly have benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at the actual look of the camera. With other technologies, as they advance more the design becomes more complex. This camera has taken the opposite approach. While performing a pretty amazing task the design is one of the most simplistic I have ever seen on a camera. I wonder if the design had to be like this for the camera to have optimal ability to catch light. BV

    ReplyDelete